Sunday, March 4, 2012

Do i have to play the previous elder scrolls game to understand skyrim?

Ok, I have to admit, skyrim looks amazing. But before I got it, or preordered it, I wanted to know if I needed to play the previous elder scrolls game to understand it. Do I? If I do, will someeone please tell me a brief summary of the previous ones or give me a link to read it?Do i have to play the previous elder scrolls game to understand skyrim?
No, I really doubt it. Each Elder Scrolls game has it's own unique storyline and characters. You can play the previous games if you want to get more out of the lore, but by all means, you don't have to in order to enjoy it. I played (and loved) Oblivion long before I ever played Morrowind.
In terms of storyline, no. Skyrim is a completely different game and has a completely different storyline. However, it would help if you have played Oblivion since the concept is fairly similar. Unlike Oblivion (following on from Morrowind), Skyrim is set 200/300 years later and the plot is altogether more complex, however possible enthralling.

So to conclude, Skyrim will be amazing however you do not need to play other Elder Scrolls games in order to understand Skyrim (it would help if you've played RPG games before).Do i have to play the previous elder scrolls game to understand skyrim?
No. There might be vague references to the events on oblivion, but normally events are referenced in lore found in in-game books and so on. Each Elder Scrolls game is pretty much a stand alone - they are set in the same universe, but you don't need to play the previous ones to understand a new one. The plot in the previous elder scrolls games weren'tt that important anyway (the main quest sort of took a backseat to the world and all the side quests)
There may be things in the game that are little winks and nods to people who have played the other games, but I don't think that you need to play them in order to understand the storyline. I'm fairly sure, anyway.Do i have to play the previous elder scrolls game to understand skyrim?
Absolutely not. I haven't played any of the previous Elder Scrolls games, and Skyrim is the best game I have ever played.
No, each Elder Scrolls game is designed to be understandable for a new player.
Not at all. I didn't play any of the previous games before Oblivion, and I still fell in love with the gameplay and story.
i suggest playing the elder scrolls iv oblivion first but they dont completely go in order
Nope, anyone can play it

No comments:

Post a Comment