Saturday, March 10, 2012

Do you have to play the previous Elder Scrolls to understand Skyrim?

I'm thinking about buying Skyrim but haven't played the previous games. Is Skyrim a standalone game?Do you have to play the previous Elder Scrolls to understand Skyrim?
I was concerned myself. I noticed all the hype around this game, and I decided to buy it. I haven't played any other Elder Scrolls games, so I thought I would be all confused. But trust me, you will feel VERY comfortable once you get the feel for the controls and game play. I can't believe how good this game is. Great story, awesome character creation options, and all the paths you can take! I absolutely love the game and I'm planning on playing it for quite a while XD.



Also, I did a LITTLE research before buying the game and it seems each game is a different storyline some 200-300 years apart. I don't know if maybe some references are interconnected with past titles, but if so it wont effect you much. Hope you enjoy Skyrim as much as I do!



-MedicDo you have to play the previous Elder Scrolls to understand Skyrim?
Each Elder Scrolls game takes place a few hundred years after the other so the settings and history are what connect them not the story. Each one will also contain plenty of lore about not only events of the previous games but the history of the entire TES series. So go pick it up, you dont have to know anything about the other games and if you want to it will teach you and its an amazing game.Do you have to play the previous Elder Scrolls to understand Skyrim?
No, it is a 200 year away and is based on a whole new complete story. But, things like "Imperial guards" and more are from the previous ones, although it is very minor.
no

No comments:

Post a Comment