Saturday, March 10, 2012

How come Skyrim for PC has a 5GB disc, but I have to download the game from steam?

Not much else to add. Bought it today from Best Buy but the install disc only installs steam then directs me to the download page for Skyrim inside Steam.How come Skyrim for PC has a 5GB disc, but I have to download the game from steam?
Steam is very popular now that most game publishers work with them to prevent people from using pirated copies of their games.How come Skyrim for PC has a 5GB disc, but I have to download the game from steam?
It's a bit silly, but you wouldn't require the disc at all. You actually only need the key code. But, since Skyrim is a Steam-based game you need to run it through release date check and such via steam.

Don't ask me why you have to download the files separately though, why they chose to do that is completely beyond me.How come Skyrim for PC has a 5GB disc, but I have to download the game from steam?
Go to steam, library, right click on Skyrim, go properties, local files, delete local game content.

Then reinstall the game, it will only download the patches for Skyrim 1.2. From many hours it will go to 10-20 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment